Textile Management is Management discipline which is concerned managerial aspects of clothing and apparel. A Textile Manager is a Textile Management specialist whose role varies according to the size and the type of organisation. A Textile Manager is generally involved in managerial aspects of production of textile fabric, studying the clothing market, participating in hands-on research projects, developing products, coordinating sales efforts with clothing stores etc.
The study of this field includes all or few of these –
Advances in Textile Production.
Energy Management & Pollution Control in Textile Industries.
Computer Applications in Textiles.
To observe fashion changes and innovate accordingly.
To bring out new range products which are both qualitative and affordable.
To be consistent in providing quality products.
Educational Qualifications for some of the Courses in Textile Management 1. MBA in Textile Management - Graduate Degree in any stream.
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management - Graduate Degree in any discipline (preference for Textiles graduates) is required. For Non Engineering / Non textiles graduates, two years of work experience in textiles related industry is required. Course duration is 2 Years.
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Apparel Management - Graduate Degree in any discipline (preference for Textiles graduates) is required. For Non Engineering / Non textiles graduates, two years of work experience in textiles related industry is required. Course duration is 2 Years. Course duration is 2 Years.
4. Post Graduate Diploma in Home Textile Management - Diploma in Textiles Technology / Handloom Technology / other textiles related subjects (or) Degree in textiles related subjects (or) any other degree with two years of work experience in textiles related industry is required. Course duration is 1 Year.
Selection to the above three courses is generally made on the basis of MAT Score / SVPITM Entrance Exam followed by G.D, & Personal Interview.
5. Diploma in Apparel Manufacturing Technology - 10+2 in any stream.
6. Postgraduate Diploma in Garment Manufacturing - Graduate Degree in any discipline is required.
Some of the Institutes providing Textile Management Courses
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management, Coimbatore.
Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab.
S.S.M. Academy of Textiles and Management.
Indian Management School & Research Centre, Navi Mumbai.
Apparel Export Promotion Council, Gurgaon.
The Textile Industry is one of the largest and one of the rapidly growing industries in the world. The Indian Textile Industry too is a large one and as such employs varied and large work force. India is a land of diversity and this diversity is reflected in it's cultural attire as well. This ethnic diversity demands several designs and variety of costumes and apparels. It is here that the need of of management graduates with skills in the areas ranging from textile manufacturing to its marketing, create a never ending demand .Employment opportunities in textile Management include management trainee programs which can ultimately lead to plant or corporate management. Textile management graduates and diploma holders find employment in various areas like technical sales, industrial engineering, product development, marketing, customer relations, human resources and cost and inventory control. Remuneration
One can start with his/her careers with a salary of Rs.6,000-Rs.15,000. Salary level typically increases with additional experience and educational degrees.