For MBA (IT) programme:- Graduates from any discipline with valid CAT score (GMAT score for FN / NRI's)
For MS (CLIS)Programme: BE / B.Tech / Post Graduates / LLB or equivalent
IIIT Entrance Exam Syllabus
IIIT Syllabus for Entrance Examination of MBA (IT) Program consists of
1. Technical & IT Aptitude:
Designed to measure aptitude for working with computers, these measures individual’s natural aptitude for computers and problem solving.
It will measure ability in the following five areas : Recognition of similarities and differences, Syntax, Procedural Ability, Programming construct & Sequencing.
Designed to check the logical capabilities of the individual by usage of the following, Abduction reasoning; Analogical reasoning; Cause – and – effect reasoning; Cause – to – effects reasoning; Effects – to – cause reasoning; Comparative reasoning; Conditional reasoning; Criteria reasoning; Decompositional reasoning; Deductive reasoning; Inductive reasoning.
3. Mathematical Aptitude:
Deal with questions involving arithmetic and algebraic problems the problems will test the sharpness of your mind and insight.
A consideration of weights to section viz contribution of marks to the total merit as:
Technical & IT Aptitude
Syllabus for Entrance Examination for MS Cyber Law and Information Security:
Law: Constitution of India, CRPC, IPC, Contract act, Negotiable Instruments act.
Information Technology: Fundamentals of Computer, Internet Technologies.
Analytical and Reasoning capabilities.
How to apply for IIIT Entrance Exam?
Candidates can apply for the entrance exam by downloading the IIIT application form available at www.iiita.ac.in or obtaining in person or through post.
The request letter must be super scribed “Request for MBA (IT) / MSCLIS Program Application Form”.
IIIT Entrance Exam Fee
Application form can be obtained by paying Rs.600 (Rs. 300 for SC / ST candidates) in Cash or in the form of DD drawn in favor of IIIT – Allahabad.
In case of downloaded IIIT application forms, DD may accompany the completed IIIT application form, without which it shall be summarily rejected.
IIIT Entrance Exam Dates
The examination is conducted normally in the 3rd week of February for MBA programme and 4th week of February for MS programme.
Admission process for candidates of General and SC, ST, OBC, Category in MBA programme is as follows:-
1. Graduates with valid CAT Percentile Score are only eligible for consideration. Those appearing in their final examinations and expecting their results latest by 2nd Week of July of the respective year may also apply.
2. Admission shall be made strictly on the basis of Merit only, as per the following weightage :
Note: Entrance Test, Interview & Group discussion for screened in candidates only, on the basis of CAT Percentile score shall be held on “3rd Week of February 2011″ at IIIT Allahabad Only.
While intimation to all screened candidates for the same shall be sent by courier also, the list shall be available on our web site and the applicants are therefore advised to visit the same frequently, in their own interest www.iiita.ac.in.
In no case shall the Institute be responsible for non – receipt of the information by the applicants.
3. The list of candidates offered admission to the MBA (IT) Program shall be displayed on the Institute Notice Board as well as the Institute’s website www.iiita.ac.in.
Admission process for Sponsored Category Candidates
1. Applicants in this category shall be required to produce a Sponsorship Certificate from the Employer in the speficied format apart from the three letters of reference in the specified format.
2. Only First Class Graduates with working experience are eligible for consideration.
3. Merit list for this category shall be prepared as per the following weightage :
Marks in Qualifying Degree
Length of experience
Important: In case of a tie, candidate scoring higher percentage of marks in the Qualifying Degree Examination shall be given preference.
Note: Candidates with Engineering Degree / Post Graduation, shall be given an Additional weight age of 5% in the “Marks Scored in Graduation” Category.
4. Candidates should have working experience of at least one year from an Institution / Organization / Industry of repute.This experience should be obtained after successful completion of the Qualifying Degree.
5. Only candidates having at least 60% marks (Aggregate of whole Degree Exam) or equivalent Grade Points (certified conversion formula from Degree Granting Institution to be provided by the candidate) shall be eligible to apply.
6. Sponsorship certificate preferably in the format specified from competent authorities of the concerned organization, on their letterhead, is a must.
7. Three letters of reference (sealed), must reach IIIT – Allahabad before the interview (In format annexed).
Admission process for NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Nationals
1. Graduates from Foreign Universities, duly recognized / accredited by the appropriate bodies / government agencies of the respective country and granted Equivalence by the Association of Indian Universities shall be considered.
Those appearing in their final examinations and expecting their results latest by 2nd Week of July of the respective year may however also apply.
2. Candidates shall be considered for admission only on the basis of a valid GMAT score as per the following weightage :
3. Three letters of reference must be submitted along with the application form in the Prescribed Format.
4. Candidates graduating from the UGC recognized Indian Campuses of Foreign Universities shall be considered eligible for admission under this category.
Such applicants shall however be required to produce UGC recognition certificate for their campus along with their applications. (In absence of the same, the application is liable to be summarily rejected).
5. In case of above seat (s) remaining vacant sponsored category candidates shall be considered for admission in lieu there of.
6. The sponsorship is accepted by guardian, parents or relative of the candidate settled abroad only if it is for the whole program.
IIIT Entrance Exam 2013 Admission Process for MS Cyber Law and Information Security:
Admission process for General and SC, ST, OBC, Category Candidates
1. Only screened in candidates shall be invited for Entrance Test and Interview
2. Category wise admission shall be offered on the basis of Merit calculated as per the following weightage :
Cut-off merit for the written test, failing which the candidate will be eliminated from the selection process (Interview).
General : 40%
ST / SC / OBC : 35%
3. Selected candidates shall have to present all original documents & 4 passports sized colored photographs before interview committee.
4. List of provisionally selected candidates for admissions shall be displayed at Institute Notice Board in the evening of the same day.
5. Fees by selected candidates shall be deposited in cash or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘IIIT – Allahabad’ and made payable at Allahabad, necessarily by 2.00 p.m. upto 3rd day or else candidates from the waiting list shall be offered the admission in order of merit.
6. Medical fitness certificate in the form annexed shall have to by produced by the candidate before Interview or else the candidature shall be cancelled summarily.
Admission process for Sponsored Candidates
Weightage (s) for admissions shall remain as above.
Candidates must have working experience of at least one year from an Institution / Organization / Industry of repute.
It is expected that the sponsored candidate will join back the sponsoring organization, hence they are not offered campus placement support.
Experience in all above cases means experience obtained after successful completion of the Qualifying Degree.
Only candidates having at least 60% marks (Aggregate of whole Degree Exam) or equivalent Grade Points (certified conversion formula from Degree Granting Institution to be provided by the candidate) shall be eligible to apply.
Academic criteria and assessment rules during the duration of Msclis Program for sponsored candidates shall be same as those for other General admission candidates.
Sponsorship certificate preferably in the format specified from Competent authorities of the concerned organization, on their letter head, is a must.
While upon initial selection into the program, the candidate shall be required to pay the fees etc. as per rules laid down for General candidates.
Three letters of reference (sealed) must reach IIIT – Allahabad before the interview (In format annexed).
Admission process for NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Nationals
While weightages for admissions shall remain as above.
Only candidates having passed the specified qualifying degree examinations B.S. / M.Sc. / B.E from abroad with 70% marks or equivalent Grade points, and possessing valid GRE Scores shall be eligible.
The sponsorship is accepted by guardian, parents or relative of the candidate settled abroad only if it is for the whole program.
Fee US$ 4000 per year and other dues (Hostel, annual charges, etc) in Indian Rupees.
IIIT - Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam 2014
IIIT-Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam 2014 Important Dates
Sale of Application Form-cum-Information Brochure Begins on:
20th Jan, 2014
Last Date of Issuing (in person) & Receiving Application forms at IIIT-A counter
MBA (IT) – 5thApr, 2014
MS (CLIS) –25th Mar, 2014
Date of Entrance Test
MBA (IT) – 24th and 25th May, 2014
MS (CLIS) – 17th and 18thMay, 2014
IIIT-Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam 2013 was held on:
IIITA MBA IT Exam Date 2012 : 12th May, 2012 & 13th May, 2012.
IIITA MS CLIS Exam Date 2012 : 10th February, 2012 & 11th February, 2012.